Sunday, January 5, 2014

THE THREE STOOGES IN COLOR (1938)




Many thanks to my old friend Alan Nahigian for hipping me to the fascinating clip posted below. It's the Three Stooges in a semi-home movie shot in Atlantic City in 1938--and in color! The film appears to be a 'cut-in-the-camera' home movie made by George Mann, one half of a dance act that was part of the tour that the Stooges were then making of East Coast theaters. (It was not uncommon for comedians to appear live in movie theaters that were playing their movies--kind of like being their own opening act). In any event, seeing Curley in color is certainly worth two minutes of your time, no? And if you're wondering what the hell this has to do with "Rob The Mob" the answer is: absolutely nothing. Dig:






 Subscribe in a reader

3 comments:

russellgibson said...

After looking at that clip I went and took out my
Bell & Howell D R camera and gave it a good
winding. And I must add it is pristine condition.

Raymond De Felitta said...

You've got a B&G? What year? I started with Super 8 but still have my 1975 GAF. We actually used it to shoot some Rob The Mob super 8 stuff.

russellgibson said...

I did not start with this (older than me) but it is just beautiful complete with Soligor Lenses. Would love to have met the person that owned it. Pristine.
Now that is cool you shot some Mob with your 1975 Gaf .
Have a CP16R also, far from pristine but it works.
complete package with that also . Guess I am just nut's.